Take the next step in fighting for freedom
If you’re a person of faith who longs to strengthen your relationship with Jesus and go deeper in the fight to end trafficking, this retreat is designed for you.
An intimate spiritual gathering set in the pristine beauty of Thun Lake, Switzerland, the Abolition Retreat will provide you with teaching from Exodus Cry and other seasoned anti-trafficking leaders, paired with times of rejuvenation and reflection, to help nurture your calling to fight trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation.Apply now
Teaching & Instruction
Learn from Exodus Cry leaders and others, as they share inspirational messages that will strengthen you in your calling as a modern abolitionist and teach you effective strategies we’ve learned in over a decade of anti-trafficking work.
- Benjamin Nolot, Founder of Exodus Cry
- Helen Taylor, Exodus Cry Vice President of Impact
- Simon Haggstrom, author and detective inspector specialized in prostitution and sex trafficking
Ministry & Worship
Experience encouraging and empowering times of ministry, including authentic, vibrant worship.
Mentorship & Small Groups
While meeting daily with your assigned small group, gain wisdom and clarity in your calling from an abolitionist leader with years of experience in this fight.
Relax & Adventure
Enjoy your afternoons in the ways that are most meaningful to you: explore scenic hikes, enjoy on-site mini-golf, try paddle boarding or kayaking (rentals available at Lake Thun, a five-minute drive away), or just relax on the beautiful retreat center’s property.
Community & Networking
In this intimate gathering of about 65 people, engage with like-minded abolitionists who are on a journey like yours, and build meaningful friendships that could last a lifetime.
FAQsMore details coming soon
Who is the Abolition Retreat for? This retreat is ideal for any follower of Jesus with a deep desire to help end trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation. Whether you’re already working in the field or you’ve just begun dreaming of how you can join the fight, we want to equip, support, and empower you to find your place in this global movement. All sessions are intended for mature audiences (15 years or older). If you need to bring children in order to attend, we can place you on a waiting list. However, please note that we are unable to provide childcare at this event.
How will our time be spent? Most days will consist of a morning and evening session with worship and teaching. The afternoons will also offer the option of participating in your assigned mentor group, which will be led by an experienced abolitionist leader.
There will be several hours on most afternoons where you can relax or choose your own adventure. Activities include: kayaking*, paddle boarding*, hiking, exploring the town of Thun, and more.*Paid rental required.
What will I learn during the teaching times? The teaching sessions will cover a range of themes:
- Casting vision for ending trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation
- Gaining insight into the calling of a modern abolitionist
- Understanding the current global climate of the sex trade in Europe and worldwide
- Learning practical strategies Exodus Cry has used to effectively confront systems of injustice and offer assistance to survivors of sexual exploitation
How will I get to Hotel Meielisalp?
- Please note that flights and transportation are not included in the price of the retreat.
- Public transportation is available from all the nearest airports to Leissigen.
- Nearest airports include:
- Zurich (ZRH); this has the most direct public transportation option
- Geneva (GVA)
- Basel (BSL)
- You may also rent a car from an airport if you’d like. There will be ample parking space for those who drive in.
- Hotel Meielisalp address: Meielisalp, Stoffelberg, 3706 Leissigen.
- We will be providing a shuttle service to the hotel from Leissigen bus station, free of charge.
About Exodus Cry
Exodus Cry exists to abolish trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation because, like you, we’re consumed with the conviction that every person should be free. Through eye-opening films, sharp social content, and targeted campaigns, we’ve exposed this injustice for millions worldwide and activated advocates in nearly every country. We also have the honor of personally assisting victims of the sex industry and helping them to exit a life of exploitation so they can rebuild beautiful new lives.
Our award-winning films and viral campaigns have compelled the world’s largest companies to stop profiting off sexual exploitation, and have helped shape global legislation after being seen by audiences at the United Nations, US Congress, and other high-level governing bodies.
Stoffelberg, 3706 Leissigen, Switzerland
Early Bird Price until April 1st, 2024. All prices are per person in USD.
shared dorm-style bathroom Shared room with 1 attendee (you will be paired with an attendee of the same sex) $2,200 Regular
Per Person $1,800 Early Bird
Per Person Apply Shared Double Room
private bathroom Shared room with 1 attendee (you will be paired with an attendee of the same sex) $2,400 Regular
Per Person $1,950 Early Bird
Per Person Apply Married Couple Room
private bathroom Limited Quantity $1,950 Regular
Per Person $1,575 Early Bird
Per Person Apply Single Occupancy Room
private bathroom Limited Quantity $2,750 Regular
Per Person $2,200 Early Bird
Per Person Apply
Full schedule coming soonPricing